Don’t get trapped… pull the emergency release cord… and open the garage door.
- Find the RED cord (see picture on right) that is hanging down from the opener rail.
- Pull down on the handle. If the handle is not there pull down with the RED cord.
- A loud noise may be heard.
- The garage door should lift easily by pushing/pulling up on the bottom garage door panel.
- Keep your fingers away from in between the panels.
- If the garage door doesn’t lift easily or will not stay open, call a professional and get a Garage Door Tune-up.
Learn more about the LiftMaster 8550W Beltdrive Garage Door Opener that has a battery back-up in it so you won’t have to lift the garage door manually. Just by pushing the remote button the garage door will open and close.
Come see this Garage Door Opener in action at our Plano Showroom!
Updated March 20, 2018